The benefits of good distant learning options, virtual classroom, and other alternative learning systems and resources.
1. They provide explicit, self-contained, sequential, comprehensive curriculum. (Provides access to general curriculum.)
2. They provide explicit structure, expectations and learning objectives.
3. They include all necessary resources and are student-driven, self-paced and can be used for accelerated learning, credit recovery and supplemental services.
They provide an asynchronous system for variations in student's health,
functioning and schedule. Help is available at all times. Ensures
5. They eliminates the
double pressure of "keeping up" and "making up" for a student with a
history of missing school.
They provide unit reviews that allow students to identify knowledge or
skill deficiencies. Students gain mastery of concepts and skills so
they develop the proficiencies and pre-requisites needed for future
7. The courses
are accredited in many states and are recognized as equivalent to
school courses and are aligned with state curriculum frameworks.
8. They allow students to avoid the frustrations, inadequacies and inefficiencies of tutoring.
9. They provide evaluation and feedback by certified teachers.
They manage educational documentation and administrative paperwork.
Provides records and reports grades and credit status to school.
11. Mobility provides student access anywhere there is a computer connected to the internet, at home or school.
Online learning gives students experience with distance education
opportunities, taking advantage of other programs that offer advanced
degrees and corporate training.
13. Low Cost
information presented in this article is for educational purposes and
does not substitute for the professional advice of your lawyer or
The world endures solely by virtue of the breath of school children. (Talmud)